Technical Service, Support & Repair
For assistance via the telephone, please call the Office of Information Technology Service Desk at 740-593-1222.
The Bobcat Depot provides a “no-cost” initial diagnosis (15 minutes limit) for computer hardware and software issues. Our experience has shown the majority of the time during the initial diagnosis, we can resolve minor problems quickly and efficiently. For severe hardware failure, we offer a “repair depot drop-off/pick-up”.
Repair Depot (Repair Services / Tech Guru Support):
In addition to basic troubleshooting, the Bobcat Depot offers repair and upgrade services for:
- Factory-Authorized Warranty Repair Center for: Apple, Dell, HP and IBM/Lenovo (business-class machines only; we do NOT work on consumer-line computers)
- Computers, monitors, keyboards, mice, printers, and most other computer peripherals
- Hard drives, motherboards, power supplies, and RAM
- We will only work on equipment manufactured after 12/31/08.
- For machines we cannot work on, see our Repair Depot Offerings with information on how to contact manufacturer directly and/or a list of local tech repair shops
The Bocat Depot is a a factory-authorized repair center for the following "business-class" brands:
- Hewlett Packard
We work on "business-class" machines only with the above listed brands. Call the Service Desk at (740) 593-1222 or visit the Bobcat Depot, Baker University Center 112 for further assistance. We service what we sell. If you have a machine that we can't work on, we have provided a list of local vendors who do.
Where to Go:
Equipment can be dropped off at the Bocat Depot, Baker University Center 112 (Bocat Depot Hours). For in-office repair visits, faculty and staff may submit a work order/trouble report by calling 740-593-1222.
If you do not wish to carry a piece of broken, personally owned equipment to Bobcat Depot, you may call 740-593-1222 to request pick-up/drop-off service. Pick-up/drop-off costs $10 in addition to any parts and labor charges.
Rates (Effective 07/01/2010):
After the initial diagnosis, equipment repairs are $45 per hour (1 hour minimum charge), unless a repair is covered by a Dell, IBM/Lenovo or Apple warranty, in which case there is no charge for labor. Most software troubleshooting services are free.