skip to main page content

ID Cards - Frequently Asked Questions

  • Do I need to get a new ID card every year?
    • No. You need only get a new ID card if yours becomes lost or stolen or no longer works.
  • If my card needs replaced, do my unused meals transfer over to the new card?
    • Yes. Any Bobcat Cash, Dining Dollars, or meals will automatically be transferred to the new card. 
  • Someone stole my ID card! How do I prevent them from using my Bobcat cash?
    • Please call us at 740-597-DEPO (3376) so we can deactivate your card. In the event that the loss of your card occurs after Bobcat Depot business hours, you should contact OUPD at 740-593-1911. They can deactivate your lost card and make arrangements to issue a temporary card. If you find your lost ID card after reporting it, you will need to stop by the Bobcat Depot at Baker University Center 112 to have your card reactivated at no charge.
  • Can I punch a hole in my ID?
    • Yes, as long as you don't damage the magnetic strip. 
  • Will it hurt my ID if I store it with other credit cards? Will that erase data from the magnetic strip?
    • No, but contact with a cellphone, TV or computer monitor might damage the magnetic strip.
  • If I don't like my ID picture, can I replace it?
    • If you are on the Athens campus, you will need to come to Bobcat Depot, Baker University Center 112. 
  • What's the 16 digit number on the back of my ID card for?
    • This is a randomly assigned number that makes the particular card you are holding unique.
  • Could I receive my replacement ID in the mail or have someone else pick it up?
    • No. You must appear in person for identification purposes.
  • What is a PID number?