Technical Service, Support & Repair
For assistance via the telephone, please call the Office of Information Technology Service Desk at 740-593-1222.
The Bobcat Depot provides a no-cost initial diagnosis (15 minute limit) for computer hardware and software issues. In our experience, we have found most minor problems can be resolved quickly and efficiently during this initial diagnosis. For severe hardware failure, we offer a repair depot/repair service.
Repair Depot (Repair Services / Tech Guru Support):
In addition to basic troubleshooting, the Bobcat Depot offers repair and upgrade services for:
- Factory-Authorized Warranty Repair Center for: Apple, Dell, HP and IBM/Lenovo (business-class machines only; we do NOT work on consumer-line computers, cell phones or tablets).
- Please note: departmentally owned computers cannot be repaired at the Bobcat Depot. For assistance with departmentally owned computers, please place a work order by calling the Service Desk at 740-593-1222 or by submitting a request via OIT/Help Portal
- Computers, monitors, keyboards, mice, printers, and most other computer peripherals
- Hard drives, motherboards, power supplies, and RAM
- We will only work on computers if manufacture date is not older than five (5) years.
- Rates (Effective 07/01/2010):
- After the initial diagnosis, equipment repairs are $45 per hour (1 hour minimum charge), unless a repair is covered by a Dell, IBM/Lenovo, Apple or Safeware warranty, in which case there is no charge for labor. Most software troubleshooting services are free.
- For machines we cannot work on, see our Repair Depot Offerings with information on how to contact manufacturer directly and/or a list of local tech repair shops.
The Bobcat Depot is a a factory-authorized repair center for the following "business-class" brands:
- Hewlett Packard
We work on "business-class" machines only with the above listed brands. Call the Service Desk at 740-593-1222 or visit the Bobcat Depot, Baker University Center 112 for further assistance. We service what we sell. If you have a machine that we can't work on, we have provided a list of local vendors who do.
Where to Go:
Equipment can be dropped off at the Bobcat Depot, Baker University Center 112 (Bobcat Depot Hours). For in-office repair visits, faculty and staff may submit a work order/trouble report by calling 740-593-1222.
If you do not wish to carry a piece of broken, personally owned equipment to Bobcat Depot, you may call 740-593-1222 to request pick-up/drop-off service. Pick-up/drop-off costs $10 in addition to any parts and labor charges.