Bobcat Depot's Device Trade-In program, powered by Clover Wireless, allows customers to trade in their used device(s) and receive a Bobcat Depot gift card to use towards a new device, tech accessories, extended warranty options or even Ohio University merchandise.
Which devices are eligible?
- MacBooks, Chromebooks, PC Laptops (for laptops it is recommended that you include a working charger to receive full trade-in value)
- iMacs are NOT eligible for the trade-up program at this time
- iPads & Tablets
- Wearables (i.e. Apple Watches, Fitbit)
- Personally owned machines and Ohio University owned machines are eligible to participate in this program. Ohio University departments can trade-in their previous generation equipment and use the trade-in value received as part of a purchase of new technology equipment (computers, iPads or notebooks/laptops).
- Must be able to turn on and power up to the home screen
- Must have a functioning, non-damaged screen in order to maximize trade value
- Laptop trade-ins that do not include a working charger could be subject to a $20 deductions on the quoted value of the device
- All accounts must be removed from each device and passwords must be disabled
- The device must have a clean IMEI/ESN (this means that there is no outstanding balance owed on the device, has not been lost or stolen and is not active on a current account)
NO, Clover Wireless does not look for a clear liquid indicator. If the device powers up and has a functioning, non-damaged screen, liquid damage does not disqualify the device.
How do I get started?
- Obtain Quote (3 ways to obtain a quote):
- The easiest way is by visiting Safeware Trade Up Your Device portal.
- Or you can email Bobcat Depot requesting a quote (trade-in value). Include below details:
- Device make and model
- Release/Manufacturer Date (for Apple devices, i.e. Late 2016, Mid 2012, Early 2008) - should be able to find this info. in the device setting or under about device
- Size of screen (i.e. 13" or 15")
- CPU Type (Core i7 or Core i5)
- Machine Serial #
- You can also bring your device into Bobcat Depot and we will obtain the quote for you.
- Please note the trade-up program is only facilitated by Bobcat Depot management at this time, so we will only be processing trade-ins Mon-Fri. 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Once you have your quote, simply bring it into Bobcat Depot and along with your device
- Bobcat Depot management will verify the quote and the device condition to ensure accuracy
- Bobcat Depot will provide the customer with a Gift Card to the store in the amount of the trade-in value.
- NO CASH, Gift Cards ONLY
- Bobcat Depot techs or management will wipe the device and ship it back to Clover Wireless
Trade-in quotes are good for 30 days.