Fingerprint / Background Checks (Ohio & FBI Checks)
Bobcat Depot offers Fingerprint / Background Checks. Bobcat Depot is located in Baker University Center 112.
Background checks available Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. only.
The fee for providing fingerprint services at the Ohio University Bobcat Depot will be as follows:
- $25.00 - Fingerprint cards only (cards will be given back to the customer/department for submission to BCI)
- $30.00 - BCI (Ohio) WebCheck background check only
- $34.00 - FBI (National) WebCheck background check only
- ID Required: Applicants will need to provide their social security number and a photo ID (driver's license, state ID or passport).
- Payment Types Accepted: Money orders made payable to Ohio University, Bobcat Cash, all major credit cards, and OU department account numbers. Personal checks and cash are NOT accepted.
- Lead Time: The recommended guideline is to allow 30 days for processing from the time the completed application is submitted until the results are returned.
- Minors Needing a Background Check: If under 18 years of age, a parent or legal guardian must accompany the minor to obtain the background check. There will be a form that needs to be signed by parent or legal guardian allowing us to perform the check.
- Background Check forms need to be filled out completely by the customer.
- Bobcat Depot employees cannot be responsible for any information on the form.
- Any mistakes or errors on the form are the responsibility of the applicant.
ATTENTION: Teacher Education Majors:
Copies of your background checks must be sent to the Ohio Department of Education and also The Patton College of Education: McCracken Hall, 1 Ohio University, Athens, OH 45701.