Laptop Loan Program
Student Laptop Loaner ProgramIf you purchase your computer from Bobcat Depot and choose to enroll in our "Laptop Loaner Program" (for an additional $25 at time of laptop purchase or included at no additional fee with Safeware Warranty purchase) and you need to have your computer repaired by the Bobcat Depot, we provide you with a loaner laptop. Have peace of mind while keeping up with papers and e-mails while your computer is being repaired. Dell, Lenovo, and Apple laptops are available. Loaner Laptops are loaded with the latest versions of the operating systems, web browsers, Microsoft Office suite, and Adobe Acrobat Reader.
The computer receiving service was purchased from Bobcat Depot. Laptop Loan Program is automatic (no charge) with the purchase of Safeware warranty or pay an additional $25 if Safeware is not purchased.
- Eligible computers: Lenovo ThinkPads, Apple MacBook Pro, Apple MacBook, Apple MacBook Air, or Microsoft Surface
- iPads and desktops are not eligible
- The borrower presents a valid OU ID or other photo ID upon receipt of a loaner laptop
- Note laptop loaner program is not currently available to university departments
- Loaners must be returned within two days of notification that your "repaired" computer is ready for pick-up
- The borrower reads and signs the Bobcat Depot Laptop Loaner Program Agreement Form
Loaner computers are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. We do not accept reservations. Loaners are not guaranteed to be the same model as the computer in for repair. In rare instances, loaner demand may exceed the supply. If that occurs, we will maintain a wait-list and fulfill loaner requests as quickly as loaners are returned. To avoid this situation, please consider having your laptop serviced at the time that the problem occurs; do not wait until the beginning or end of the semester, as this introduces a longer wait for repairs and, in some cases, a loaner may not be immediately available. Liability of Borrower
Borrowers shall not install software, change configurations, or alter systems hardware/software. All files or programs saved on the laptop will be deleted upon return; the borrower is responsible for saving all files to a removable storage device (i.e. jump drive, external hard drive, etc.). This loaner program is not responsible for damage to the borrowers' data storage device(s), loss of data caused by hardware or battery failure, or files saved to the laptop hard drive.