Computer Help & Device Setup:Bobcat Depot offers OHIO students, faculty, and staff:
- FREE setup (for new devices purchased at Bobcat Depot)
- FREE basic troubleshooting (for any device) - this includes software updates/installs using your OHIO ID
- Computer repair (for eligible devices purchased at Bobcat Depot)
New Device Setup (Bobcat Depot purchases only):Bobcat Depot provides free setup of your new device. This includes Microsoft Office install, Cloud Storage setup, and data transfer from your old device.
Basic Device Troubleshooting (any device):Bobcat Depot provides free initial diagnosis (15 minute limit) for computer hardware and software issues. In our experience, we have found most minor problems can be resolved quickly and efficiently during this initial diagnosis. In addition to software, we can help troubleshoot:
- Computers, monitors, keyboards, mice, printers, and most other computer peripherals
- Hard drives, motherboards, power supplies, and RAM
For severe hardware failure, we offer a computer repair service (see below).
Computer Repair (eligible Bobcat Depot purchases only):Bobcat Depot is a Factory-Authorized Warranty Repair Center for Apple, Dell and Lenovo. We are also able to facilitate warranty repair for Microsoft devices.
To be eligible for in-store repair, a device must be:
- an Apple, Lenovo, or Dell branded laptop,
- purchased at Bobcat Depot, and
- manufactured no more than five (5) years ago
For inquiries about the repair eligibility for your device, please contact the IT Service Desk or visit the Bobcat Depot, Baker University Center 112. If we are unable to service your device, our Other Repair Options page offers information on how to contact a manufacturer directly or find a local repair shop.
PLEASE NOTE: For assistance with repairing departmentally owned computers, please contact the IT Service Desk.